- Our reach is significant. In the 2016-17 financial year alone, CARE implemented almost 300 WEE projects in 60+ countries, indirectly reaching almost 18 million people and, at the mid-point of the CARE 2020 Program Strategy, CARE has contributed to the economic empowerment of nearly 4.5 million women.
- We have had a significant impact on improving women’s capabilities but this alone is not enough to shift the power relations that are an obstacle to women’s economic empowerment.
- We are building a better understanding of what works to increase women’s decision-making power but challenging persistent and deeply entrenched structural barriers takes time and requires partnerships with a range of actors.
- We are generating more momentum behind creating an enabling environment on targeted issues, like the adoption of an ILO Convention to End Violence and Harassment at Work.
- We are actively pursuing a number of exciting initiatives to scale up successful models, innovate to address gaps and influence the policies and practices of companies and governments to multiply our impact.
Download the full report (PDF)