Information on CARE’s main areas of programming in the transition from emergency response to development is given under the following headings:
- Rebuilding thriving neighborhoods
- Building healthier communities
- Promoting equal access to quality education
- Boosting sexual and reproductive health
- Rebuilding livelihoods
- Haiti’s fragile food security
This is followed by a section outlining the lessons CARE has learned from its emergency response in Haiti, in particular about coordination, accountability and gender in emergencies.