To realise food and nutrition security for all in the face of climate change, CARE, CCAFS, and Food Tank make the following recommendations to governments, the private sector, donors, and individuals:
- Prioritise women’s empowerment and integrate climate change in all approaches to food and nutrition security;
- Ensure small-scale food producers and women have a seat at the table when policies and budgets are decided;
- Commit to ambitious action to tackle the climate crisis and keep global temperatures below 1.5 degrees Celsius;
- Commit to scaling up of finance to address hunger and climate change;
- Respect the rights of small-scale food producers and women and commit to equitable approaches in policies and supply chains;
- Know where your food comes from to make sustainable consumption choices.